Monday, October 5, 2009

Obama care will overload the system

This past weekend I saw two great examples of the problem when the government messes with things they don't understand. I was at my local watering hole and one of the regulars and his wife was nursing a beer. I struck up a conversation and he told me he just got back from WV. Why? Because he had to go to the VA. So I asked him why would he drive 2 hours away to the VA when there's one the next town over. He informed me that he needed to get a test. The results are sent to the one in WV, read, interpreted and then shipped back to our local VA. Then read, make sure its interpreted right call and ask you to make an appointment for them to tell you the results. So he decided to cut out the middle man and drive 2 hours so he wouldn't be worrying for 2 weeks while waiting. He also informed me that before doing this they had lost his tests in the mail already. I'm sure that kind of bureaucratic stupidity won't happen with Obamacare.

The second one is about Pennsylvania's version of Obamacare, Adult Chip basic. Its purpose is to give the poor folks that can't afford health care, or lost health care coverage. I mosied over to their website to see how it rated vs my health insurance. The website informed me about how great it is, and it already has covered 90k Pennsylvanians. I went through the quiz to see if I was eligible and at the end I was told yes I could get it. However they've can't cover me or anyone else because they didn't figure that a lot of people would want cheap health care. In other words they don't have enough money for everyone. So if we get Obamacare what makes people think the same thing won't happen to it? I'm sure Pa isn't the only state that has the same problem. So if the states drop it to save money and all those people rush into Obamacare it will short circuit the system! But I guess whiz-kids in DC already thought of this and have planned for it. Probably has something to do with running the money presses again.

No comments:

Post a Comment