Monday, March 16, 2009

Everything I learned about money, I learned from my Dad


My father was not a captain of industry.  He was just a mechanic that owned his own service station.  Even though he only had a high school education he is still one of the smartest people I know.  I still go to him for advice.  When it comes to money he gave me some great advice about loaning money to friends.  He taught me to never give money if you expect to get it back from a friend.  The second thing was if you give money to a friend you can not tell them how to spend it.  This after I gave money to a down and out friend who went to Vegas!  He said "You should have known your friend would have done that!"  Apparently Obama and congress never had a father with wisdom!  Currently they are scolding AIG for using the bailout money for bonuses.  They really want America to look at business as the "boogeyman".  Hands down one of the greatest quotes comes from the link below:
Rep. Barney Frank, chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, earlier Monday charged that the move to pay bonuses amounted to "rewarding incompetence."
Mr. Frank the pot called, and apparently you're black!

No comments:

Post a Comment